Life with Lewis #2
Guess who turns 2 next month! It’s Mister Lewis’ birthday, and also the mark of our 11-month anniversary together :) Hard to believe it’s almost been a year since I adopted him, it seems so long ago and so recent at the same time! We’ve been best buds off the get-go, but I feel like we really got to know each other over the past couple of months by going to puppy training, taking the longest walks and basically hanging out together 24/7. Lewis is such a playful little pup, but at the same time I can say that I trust him 100 percent. Granted, he isn’t the guide dog I always said I would turn him into, but for the most part he listens and obeys whenever needed, while still being spontaneous and happy. We can grab coffee or have lunch on a terrace without any troubles, and I pretty much take him with me wherever I go #teamlewis.
Five reasons why you should get a dog
- An off-day? One cuddle from the pup and you’re back on track. This dog gives such good vibes! I take him with me to visit my grandparents at the retirement home and he seriously lights up every single soul he encounters. No need to bother with annoying boyfriends when you have a dog!
- You are into vacuuming? Oh then you’re going to love a dog like Lew! His thick coat of hair looks gorgeous, but he does tend to shed a lot. And thus I tend to vaccuum a lot as well.
- Into getting compliments from strangers? Get a dog! You won’t believe how many people whisper “ermagod look at that pretty dog” when crossing us on the street. If you ever want to talk to random people, get yourself a cute dog, it’s hands down the number 1 conversation starter.
- Too many shoes? Lewis likes a good pair of heels from time to time, and has devoured three of my favourite pairs already. Not really into high heels, this one, but the perfect solution if you’re in need for some extra storage space. So handy.
- Current favorite reason to get a dog: Pokémon Go! You’ll have to walk your dog at least three times a day, so that means plenty of time to catch a Bulbasaur or stock up on some Pokéballs along the way.
But to be serious, a dog equals a lot of work! It’s nothing compared to the love I get in return, but it is definitely something to keep in mind and to be honest and upfront about: it’s like getting kids – you need to be around at all times and are responsible 24/7. So, all joking aside, don’t just be too quick in deciding to get a dog – take your time, be real with yourself and see if it’s the right time and place for you and your situation. And if it is: adopt! Both Lewis and Zelton were adoptees, and I couldn’t encourage people more to adopt instead of shop!
And an action shot to end this post with ;-)